
New York, January 2007 , waiting for the Manhattan storage room supervisor to finish all paperwork related to my file. I don’t want to think too much about what means to have all my belongings inside a container sailing across the Atlantic. I keep repeating myself that they are just “things” nothing else.
Two big men just arrive and request to get into room S4567 (just to say something). The young one opens a big folder and goes through a bynch of official documents to prove that he can open the room. Among them he has his driver license, his birth certificate and even the key BUT he does not have the main entrance key, therefore this is why he asks politely the receptionist to allow him to get in.
The kind receptionist goes through all requirements and stops when he finds out that he can’t grant access to the young guy. : May I ask why?, requires , “I am sorry sir but we have not received payment for this room for the past 5 months ”
Initially, I though that the young guy was --let’s name him Mr. blue dungaree—there to get his personal belongings. The story seemed to be like his old girlfriend dumped him, they were living together and suddenly she moves out of the city and stores all their old belongings. A Mr. blue dungaree is just trying to get his stuff and move on. I though to myself, WOW , what a bitch ¡¡¡, how could she do something like that? But, well, I should not give an opinion so freely since I have no idea about what happened.
Mr. blue dungaree patience is limited and tries once more to get in with all kind of documents. No luck , the receptionist stands strong. Mr. blue dungaree starts going through all official paperwork . I am quite impressed about the fact that he is even bringing his birth certificate, the original one ¡¡¡ , 10 minutes later he demands the general manager to appear. The receptionist calls him and nothing changes, we get into a kind of an argument and I keep thinking about how sad is the whole thing. Later on ,I discovered that it was even sadder since all Mr. blue dungaree was trying to save was his mum’s stuff. Then he left.
No comments:
Post a Comment