Monday, August 07, 2006

WHAT ARE WE “REALLY” BUILDING?




There is a Spanish saying: ”Pan para hoy y hambre para mañana”— The saying refers to doing something now that would apparently facilitate things (or obtain good results) but would make things worse or represent an obstacle in the future. It is like a bad temporary solution.
Basically, says what I foresee for Spain’s future if we don’t stop this construction stupidity soon¡. When I look around and the skyline the Spanish coastline is only filled with cranes, concrete and HORRIBLE buildings.
What is going on? : I am just reading a book about innovation and another one about creativity, both of them clearly state that creativity & innovation are just a combination of known elements. I see that stupidity & ignorance = real state speculation. Spain started during the late 50’s and never stopped.
“Clever” businessmen support all investments – and I am sure ,few businesswomen too—marketing it as a great opportunity to raise money. Really?
I would love to understand how most of the population is not screaming against this phenomenon that is devastating the country’s future.

No comments: